Manchester Central Convention Complex is an award-winning venue in the heart of one of Europe's most vibrant cities. Its vaulted arches and station clock have made Manchester Central an iconic city feature for over 130 years.
With the capacity to handle large-scale conferences or exhibitions, historic architecture and state-of-the-art facilities, Manchester Central is the perfect destination for the ever-growing AHC.
Arriving by rail: Virgin Trains offer you the chance to travel from London to Manchester in just over 2 hours. The further in advance you book, the more you save. For 3-9 passengers travelling together Virgin Trains offer 20% discount off advance fares booked through their website - for more information click here. Don’t forget to claim your Nectar points too.
Manchester Central is a 20 minute walk from Piccadilly Station or just five minutes by taxi. Alternatively, catch a connecting train to Oxford Road Station - just five minutes from Manchester Central on foot.
Arriving into Manchester: On arrival in Manchester you can walk to Manchester Central, catch a Metroshuttle bus, Metrolink tram or take a taxi. Take a look at our downloadable public transport map here.
FreeBus: Metroshuttle buses are free and link the city centre's main rail stations, shopping areas and businesses. Click here for more information on routes.
Metrolink: The nearest Metrolink stop to Manchester Central is St Peter's Square. From there, we’re just a few minutes on foot. Metrolink runs every few minutes from early morning until late in the evening. You don’t need a timetable, just turn up, buy your ticket and the next Metrolink will be along shortly. However, the network is currently being expanded so please do check your route before travelling. Routes and further information can be found on the Metrolink website.
Taxis: Manchester Central has a dedicated taxi rank at the front of the venue for pick ups and drop-offs. Black cab taxis are readily available at both Piccadilly and Victoria train stations.
Arriving by road:
- M6 (from south – Stoke-on-Trent, Birmingham) Leave the M6 at junction 19, just after Knutsford Services. Follow the A556 towards Altrincham and pick up the M56 towards Manchester Airport. Follow the motorway onto the A5103 (Princess Parkway), then follow signs for Manchester Central, Petersfield.
- M6 (from north – Preston, Blackpool, Carlisle) Leave the M6 at junction 21a for the M62 towards Manchester. At junction 12, join the M602 and continue to the end of the motorway (Regent Road Roundabout, Salford). Follow signs to the city centre along Regent Road, and then to Manchester Central, Petersfield.
- M62 (from west – Liverpool) At M62 junction 12, join the M602 and continue to the end of the motorway (Regent Road Roundabout, Salford). Follow signs to the city centre along Regent Road, and then to Manchester Central, Petersfield.
- M62 (from east – Leeds, Yorkshire) At M62 junction 18, join the M60 west-bound. Take junction 17 onto the A56 (Bury New Road) and follow signs to the city centre, and then to Manchester Central, Petersfield.
- M56 (from west – North Wales, Chester, Ellesmere Port) Follow the M56 past Manchester Airport. Continue onto the A5103 (Princess Parkway), then follow signs for Manchester Central, Petersfield.
If using a satellite navigation system - please follow the postcode M2 3GX.
Parking: There is an NCP (National Car Park) directly below Manchester Central that is open 24 hours a day all year round. To book at a discounted rate, please click here and enter promo code MCEXHIB14. The car park includes 18 disabled parking bays and there is direct access to Manchester Central by lift, stairs and escalators. The height restriction for this Car Park is 1.98m.