HAMA Europe Awards 2022
6th HAMA Europe Asset Management Achievement Award
HAMA Europe is delighted to announce the launch of the 2022 HAMA Europe Asset Management Achievement Award. The award was established to recognise the key role played by hotel asset management in sustainably growing asset value and driving underlying investment returns. As the hotel industry emerges from the Covid pandemic, hotel asset management has never been so crucial in managing all stakeholders in hotel ownership and ultimately creatively adapting to the changing needs of the customer over the short and longer-term.
This will be the 6th edition of the award with some outstanding prior winners including London & Regional Properties, Pyramid Hotel Group, Global Holdings, Starwood Capital and Amaris Hospitality with investments that have covered both single assets and large portfolios demonstrating the breadth of the hotel asset management discipline.
Questex Hospitality is a supporter of the award and has been since its foundation. The winner of the 2022 award will be announced at the International Hospitality Investment Forum (IHIF) and will have the opportunity to present a case study at a panel session at the conference.
I. SUBMISSION PROCESS
Reflecting that Covid continues to affect both business and business recovery, we are inviting submissions based on a phased two-stage submission process as outlined below, with the final award to be made at IHIF in Berlin, May 2022.
Submissions are invited for single assets and portfolios. Details of the judging criteria that will govern the award can be found in section II.
1. First Round Submission: the initial submission will be a short narrative, including data as appropriate, based on the parameters set out below.
- Submission should be no more than 1-2 pages long (see First Round Submission form – download available at the bottom of the page).
- Freeform submission under the provided headings.
- Include one or two pictures of the subject property/properties, ideally setting out before and after if there were construction works.
- Submissions are to be made by email to [email protected] by 14th January 2022.
2. Second Round Submission: the Award Committee shall shortlist the submissions, inviting these shortlisted candidates to complete a full application for judges to review.
- Invitations to shortlisted candidates will be sent by February 2022, including a Second Round Submission template document.
- Final submission guidance shall be provided to those shortlisted candidates.
- The submission shall be ca. 10 pages long, including some performance data and using the application template provided.
- Detailed submission to be submitted by email to [email protected] by March 2022.
3. The winner and runners-up will be announced at IHIF in May 2022.
II. JUDGING CRITERIA
In evaluating all the submissions, the judges will use the following criteria:
• Assessment of overall strategy with clear goals
• Asset management actions that are clearly linked to strategy
• Directly attributable value enhancement with demonstrable results
• Assessment of early results and amendment of strategy or asset management actions to improve results
• Environmental, Social and Governance strategy, and actions
For any queries related to the submission process please contact HAMA Europe confidentially at [email protected]