As resorts continue to grow in popularity, with guests and investors alike, providing the opportunity for a spacious and isolated retreat, we review some of the In Focus conversations with operators, owners, advisors and investors who are active in the sector and share their opinions on what’s next for Resorts & Residential.
Our thanks to the following for their conversations which have included discussions on the blur between hospitality and residential, the complications and risk of seasonality, reliance (or the diminishing reliance) on tour operators, importance of product, the guest profile and location, resorts as part of an investment portfolio and the supply platform.
• Margarida Caldeira, Director, Broadway Malyan
• Roger Allen, Founder and Group CEO of Resources for Leisure Assets (RLA)
• Helena Murano Carney, Senior Director from CaixaBank Hotels & Tourism
• Lambis Pahiyiannakis, Acquisition Manager from Sani & Ikos Group
• Savvas Perdios, Deputy Minister for Tourism, Cyprus
• Philip Bacon, Senior Director, Horwath HTL Spain
• Yannis Ermilios Managing Director and Portfolio Management, Colony Capital
To stay connected and informed, subscribe to our weekly R&R newsletter which includes interviews, podcasts, news and analysis. Key information on investment and development within the sector is paired with first-hand intelligence on the impact of geo-political events, brand strategies and the lending market’s appetite. Click here to subscribe to Hospitality Insights newsletters.